SITE-BASED COMMITTEE GOALS
1. The Reading Street Program will be implemented in Grades K-5.
2. The Fundations Program and Teacher’s College Writing Project will be incorporated into the Language Arts Program.
3. The Go Math Program will be implemented in Grades K-5.
4. The MAP Testing Program will be utilized in Grades K-5 to assess student growth in reading and mathematics.
5. The websites Reading A-Z and RAZ Kids will be used to develop fluency and comprehension.
2. An RTI Program that includes classroom teachers and support staff will be implemented.
3. The System 44 and Read 180 computer programs will be implemented with classified students.
4. Special Education students will be provided instruction in push-in and pull-out settings.
5. Before-school tutoring will be offered to at-risk students.
6. An after-school academic program will be provided for designated students in Grades K-5.
7. An academic summer program will be provided for designated students in Grades K-5.
To ensure the health and safety of students.
3. State requirements regarding Fire Drills, Sheltering Drills, and Lockdown Drills will be met.
To assist in the creation of the annual budget and provide oversight in the maintenance of the building.
1. A list of possible capital projects and maintenance projects will be developed.
2. Proposals for the 2017-18 school budget will be formulated.
3. Problems related to the facility will be corrected through the use of a computerized work order program.
To increase involvement of parents and students.
2. The school website will contain teacher webpages that include daily homework assignments and information about upcoming tests and projects.
3. Parents will be required to sign homework contracts.
4. The online component of the Go Math Program and Reading Street Program will be made accessible to parents and students.
5. Workshops will be provided to the parents of students in the ENL Program and to parents of students in the Academic Intervention and Remedial Reading Programs.
6. Students will be encouraged to participate in art contests, seasonal projects, and the PTA Reflections Program.
7. Students will be encouraged to participate in community service projects run by the Burns Avenue Student Council.
8. The Burns Avenue PTA will sponsor Cultural Arts programs and evening events to increase involvement of parents.